Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Pork Brisket?

Hi folks. Sorry about the long delay since my last post. Been kinda busy and this recipe stuff is very time consuming. With this in mind I've realized that full recipes are not always needed. Here's what I did last night.

I recently found a cut of pork at Costco that I've never seen anywhere else. The package is labeled Pork Brisket Grillers. These are extraordinarily lean pieces of pork.  they come in a package of 4 packages each containing 3 briskets. For us the 3 briskets are just right for a family of four. This package of four meals runs only $12-13.  Such a deal!

When it comes to cooking I've been treating them kind of like you would a beef tri-tip. Last night I marinated them with my BBQ rub mixture and a splash of cider vinegar diluted with water (or some orange juice works nicely as well). I pricked each piece with a fork all over the surface before marinating. I like to marinate something like this in a ziplock bag for 2-24 hours. Grill them just as if you would a nice steak. I get them up to an internal temperature of about 140 deg F. For last night's dinner I served some cut white corn and a simple salad along with slices of the pork brisket.

For the rub check this out.    http://www.barbecuen.com/recipes/basicribrub.htm
I used some of my favorite ground chill in place of the paprika and I added some brown sugar as well.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment